Monday, October 13, 2008

Peace and blessings manifest

Peace and blessings manifest with every lesson learned,
If your knowledge were your wealth then it will be well earned.
-Erykah Badu

What a day. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought "what were the 8 functions of an organism?" Went through them in my head, and thought about some more A&P as I drifted back to sleep...

Woke again around 5.30 to cook and stretch and what not before leaving on my bike at 7.00 to make it to the social services dept. by 8.00. I took off like a bat out of hell with a feeling of being on top of the world. That was until I realized that I could not shift gears. Then in a panic I realized that my breaks were also frozen solid... That's where I put my foot down! I won't go into all the details but my breaks were terribly problematic the whole morning. I was starting to feel as if the whole world was against me when Erykah popped into my head my entire attitude shifted and immediately afterwards I met a nice epileptic man on the side of the road and had a nice chat about his son in WA and daughter in After many delays I made it to be the first in line for food stamps. I was very pleased to find that they had bad coffee waiting for me.
The woman that helped me was not a very happy woman, and she explained to me why I could not get food stamps but I insisted on going through with the process. Since then I have found out how I can get food stamps and I am happy I choose to do the whole process. "The process" as I am affectionately calling it ended up taking about 45 minutes which meant that if I didn't get a car ride to school I would be over 30 minutes late and be counted absent. Luckily Eileen gave me a ride making us both only 15 minutes late costing only 2% of my grade... With my bad timing I am wondering if that will be the sole reason I don't get A's? I apologized to my shiatsu teacher for being late and told her I would learn to be on time. Class was great. We started off playing with Chi, I haven't done much of that in years but my sensitivity came back immediately. Very fun. The rest of the school day was kinda whatever.
My after school chore was scouting a good place to squat. I think I found an awesome spot! More on that to come.
Lastly, I asked a guy for directions and ended up riding with him for a mile or so which led to a long conversation about practice and philosophy. I won't go into details but it was cool how it all happened.

1 comment:

Jiling 林基玲 said...

i love it when everything flows and... peace and blessings manifest around every corner. and it's especially delightful and empowering when you know it's all just in YOU, not the world. so glad you could do that. i'm workin on it :)
love, j