Friday, April 4, 2008

Moderation. It's a good thing. Moderation in moderation, you know, excess. That's the word I am looking for. To much drinking, to much smoking, my date even said "your a good man, to much heart". Maybe she's right... At this point I feel I want to cross one of my rules. I don't want this blog to be offensive to anyone, I was planning on never talking about particulars of my sex life, except of course if it is a 'nothing happened but it makes a good story' story. I think I will. As many of you know I have designated this part of my life for sleeping around. The goal is not pure hedonism. I want to experience life, the good things in life, to my full potential. Also as many of you know I used to be a little sexually repressed. I remember going to new collage when I was 18 and being afraid to look at women! Looking at myself in fact is the goal. I have found in other areas of life that when honestly looked at both the attraction and repulsion of said object (or thought) becomes manageable.
Back to moderation! I remember a poem! It's a Rumi so it's long and I'll abridge it for you.
A king sees a picture of a woman and falls in love with her. Tells his best warrior to bring the woman. A tiger attacks the camp while the warrior is sleeping with the woman. Warrior kills tiger. King gets the woman but a voice tells him not to sleep with her. He loses erection and she giggles. He knows she is thinking about the warrior. Warrior and girl get married. The hero of the story is not the warrior, but the king, who is wise enough to listen. Things actually end badly for the warrior and the girl. I have been in the position a few times now. Sometimes the king sometimes the warrior.
Back to the girl!
But first.
I went to the coffee shop I have been hanging out at and met a fun beautiful woman, Jane. She already knew of me from Sor. When it was time to go I asked her to join me at the party but she declined, not really liking Tina, the hostess. She said we could meet later. The party was fair to dull, I kept my distance from Tina so that the other single men there could flirt with her. Throwing my date away there was not much to do but drink and before I knew it I was thoroughly drunk. Meanwhile Jane and I where messaging the night away and she told me to meet at Don Chan at 1:45. I left the party on foot, not really knowing where I was, and Tina calling after me. After walking for a while a tuktuk stopped to pick me up. I have learned to get info from tuktuks regardless of whether or not you want a ride and I found out I was going the wrong way. The price was way to much for the distance so I was planing on walking, but I liked the guy so off we went. I paid his cover charge into Don Chan, the biggest building and craziest night club in Vientiane. He met a security guard and I bought him a beer. I was talking to one of the sexiest girls I have ever met (I took pictures interested to see if I would agree with that sentiment while sober) and she wanted to go home with me and her sister. I wanted to meet the sister before I agreed. Not to bad. Also I was telling her to wait as I sms'ed Jane to find out if she was coming. If I waited to long I may have lost on both accounts. So it's time to go but I have no idea how to get home but I am not going to tell that to them! Luckily in the elevator standing next to me was... guess who... SOR! He took the girl and I to my place and we got to chat a little on the ride. I'm staying on the top floor of one of the tallest buildings in my area so we climbed through the security bars and made love on the roof. "I have never seen Vientiane like this before" she said. The rest of the details I will keep for myself.
Back to moderation. Tonight everyone is surprised that I am not drinking, I am not even going out tonight. I need a break. I have not been that drunk since high school, and I remembered why. Oh, and I wasn't that drunk. I was about as drunk as a normal night of drinking for people who drink. Not my style. The past 2 nights have been the first time I have been drunk the first time I slept with a girl. (only drunk sex once anyway) It sure does make the whole process easier.
Ok, enough about that.
Today was rather unspectacular. I tried to get a direct bus to Chiang Mai but it was sold out and I didn't want to do the real bus system so I stay this last night. And now I go to sleep.

Oh, and again with the no editing... This time it is just laziness.

2 comments:

Riley said...

Here's another dream of mine also probably not that expensive but would take some time to get in the position...

I was attending local yacht races some time back and thought about sailing lessons. You can get some certifications and experience in schools all across Florida. Then you can charter a "bareboat" meaning you crew someone else's sailboat on your vacation. You're the Captain and for a few thousand dollars you can rent a 1 - 200,000 yacht for a few weeks.

This means what? This means you can freely travel at will how, when and where you want. Island hop around the Caribbean drinking rum and smoking grass :) and spend time with your good buddy! We could play go all night or chess or some other strategy game. We'd sail into party town not usa and have a great time and go somewhere else to do it all over again.

danielclough said...

Sounds fun. I don't know anything about sailing. You know what that means!