Thursday, April 3, 2008

I wrote my last blog at some random Inet shop on the outskirts of town. It was getting dark and I only had a vague notion of where I was. Riding home I took a wrong turn and met the first people I have had totally bad vibes from since getting to Asia. I had stoped to ask a security guard how to get into town when 2 men on a motorbike asked where I was going. I almost told them, then I just said "somewhere, have a nice night". They rode off and the guard suggested that I not trust everybody, a good idea. Either the guards directions were no good or I did not follow them exactly but I ended up completely lost. After riding around for a long time I was feeling a little scared. I could feel the difference in wealth between where I was and where I usually am that time of night as I ride along dark streets and by smoky food stalls. I finally met a nice woman who told me how to get home. To see a lone white woman is in someways the strongest indicator of safety I know. On my way home I saw a Laotian man chasing a little dog around the streets much to t amusement of an on looking Frenchman. What else is there to do after curfew? Not much. I talked with the Frenchman for a while. He is shooting a documentary about the Mekong river and had many stories to tell.

The next day I was ready to go, done with Vientiane! Thinking back on the night before I invited a girl out and she brought along her friends as chaperons. Endearing for sure but kind of awkward. Luckily one friend spoke fair English and they were allot of fun. I was ready to go to what is known as "the chill out town". Dropping my bike off at the cafe turned from coffee to cards to drinking to partying. Let me explain. I had not had any coffee up to this point in the day (3pm) and Laos coffee is the best. The older attractive woman, taking a cue from the 2 young gay boys invited me to watch them play cards. Sor whose English is quite good taught me how to play and took all the money in my pocket. When I say his English was quite good you have to think about how hard it is to play cards. He could not clearly explain the rules, but could answer my questions, for the most part. Figuring out the rules was as much fun as actually playing! Anyway, since I am straight and he liked me he promised me a girl for the night. Sor is a great guy, reminds me of a gay, partying, Laos version of myself. Ok, maybe the only singularity is an over inflated sense of self worth and the complete lack of modesty. After cards we went out to a bar where he brought a number of girls to me for me to choose from. I got to know them each a little and then chose my favorite to take to the next bar. Tina was the lucky woman, she is 25 years old today and I am about to go to her birthday party.

Before that let me tell you about the day. I woke up and lazed around my room listening to an audio book about how to have "hot sex". It has some pointers that are quite good but for the most part says the kind of things you figure out if you pay attention and talk to your lovers. I do wish somebody gave it to me a few years ago though! From there I went to the cafe for Bfast, met some beautiful English girls, had massages and a sauna at a temple. After lunch with the girls I prepared for the party and came here. I couldn't ask for more from any given day! Oh, I have to go find a Bday present before the party! No time to edit. With all the good feedback I have been getting I think it would be a shame to run my audience of with a few unedited works. If they are horrendous please say something.

Bye!

No comments: