Sunday, March 1, 2009

LA

We took the trip to CA in stuffed minivan with a topper and tee pee poles on the roof! My bike and our bags were all strapped to the tee pee.

Jaz's house. Wow. The supreme master is everywhere!


Craig in Glendale. Jaz's Friend.
I spent the first day in LA in a room trying to turn my sleeping pad into a back pack. I failed.
Craig and I walked around the Americana. For hours one night, in and out of stores. They have a 3 story Barns and Nobles there!

Biking LA! I met Josh who also just arrived in LA. He showed me how to use the public transit. Then after 6 hours of biking and many stuff stowing issues arrived at Jimmy's.


I used to live with Jimmy in his New Collage dorm room with Selena, Val, and Jag. I knew Jimmy the least. This was the first time we had one on one time. He is one of Mike Jones' best friends and now I know why. We had the best "intellectual" conversations I have had in a long time!
Jimmy is getting married to Sarah soon. She is smart, pretty and I was stoned when I met her so I don't remember more then the fact that I liked her. :D

The second night, when Sarah arrived slept in the bushes in Santa Monica.

Because Jimmy's apartment is hardly larger then a rich persons closet I left around 1am to find a place to crash for the night. I rode to the next town east and spent the day and night in the mountains there.

Today I have been biking the rich parts of LA. It seems like all people do here is shop. Pretty boring. Everything is pretty here though. Even the dumpsters.


I am going to go to the Hare Krishna temple for kirtan and dinner.



This was from the hitch to AZ. I had to laugh, I had to take pictures!
We stopped in Leisure World to visit Hakim's favorite aunt. Then we got lost, at night, for an hour, after he went an hour out of his way to take me to Wintercount. Thanks Hakim!
Since I didn't get pictures of the minivan you can immage a minivan version of this car! With a bike and a hoola hoop attached! For both rides the insides were so stuffed that we had to throw the packs on the roof to be able to fit inside!

1 comment:

Jiling 林基玲 said...

hahaha
imagine my surprise when I saw that photo first thing, on your site!
especially after a whole week of seeing her face, and a whole day of hanging out with her followers ;)

oh, and ah
i updated on wintercount too

wee! <3