Monday, March 2, 2009

Hare Krishna Hare Rama



After a "nice" long talk with Jai I spent then night at the Hare Krishna ashram. They like the word nice there it seems. Nice, it's a nice word I guess. :D

Jai was great, I have never had an open minded conversation with a Hare Krishna before and Jai was well educated and sincere so it made for great conversation. Prasada was delicious, chanting was fun and humorous, what more could I ask for.

I woke up at 4am this morning to practice with the Hare Krishna's.

In the afternoon I took my bike to the shop. The bottom bracket was squeeking so I wanted to check it out. It turns out there were no ball berings in it! You should have seen the face of the guy who was helping me!

Then I biked around LA. That part of the day sucked. And I still have not found a place to camp yet.

I had to get back on to add this! I thought that it would be a good idea to bike by the Santa Monica Mountain National Rec Area to see if I could camp in there. Bad Idea! I biked up a few hundred feet as cars screeched around the corners. The climb was the scary part but the decent was probably more dangerous. I flew down! At first I was thinking about my horrible trip though N Thailand on a motor scooter. "Kill me" speeds in the dark on somewhat shoty roads. When I realized that Ganesha Sharanam had been going though my head in the back ground I relaxed a little. Instead tightening up when I made a corner I shouted Hare Bo! It was fun! But... I don't recommend it and I don't plan on doing it again!

1 comment:

Riley said...

nice! did you try cashewy juice in thailand?

p://www.cashewy.com/cashewy.php