Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tampa and Sarasota

It has been over a week since I have been back and allot has happened.   
I spent some time in Tampa.   My dad met a woman at a party who was interested in TYT (Thai Yoga Therapy) so I made a little money and had some good conversations with her.   The highlight of Tampa, excluding seeing my father of course, was hanging out with Mark Barish and Sam.   Mark has started his own business and Sam is selling art for mad money in Miami!   They are some of the most productive people I know.   Their house is a work of art in itself, a living growing piece of art.   From here I could go into a description of the house, Sam's art, or write out some of the stories we shared in the hot tub... But I will just say the best part and leave you a link to the web page.  I got to sleep in the studio and soak up the vibes for the night. See the art for yourself!
After another TYT session I went to Tarpon springs for the night.   It was really good to see Aunt DD and Uncle and catch up a little.   Since I will not be using the car they gave me for my birthday last year I signed it over to them.   There are 2 sides to the whole are coin.   On one side cars are convenient and comfortable.   On the other there are so many things that I don't like about cars or our car culture that I couldn't count them on two hands.   That said I actually really enjoyed having a car for the time that I had it and was very thankful for it.   Hopefully I never live in a place where a car is so much of a boon as it is in FL ever again.   
That morning I got a ride to Sarasota.    First stop was to visit Bob and Roth.   Bob and Roth live on a school bus.   It is not a normal school bus.   Not like you take to school.   The bus has bed's inside.   I sleep on the bus.   Yesterday I woke up to the sound of sex.   Other people sleep on the bus to.   I have always wanted to live on a school bus.   Bob offered me a spot on the bus when they go traveling.  Then, in true hippy fashion, he asked me to write an admissions exam and buy in for an emotional commitment.   If you want to follow the adventures of Bernard the Bus then you can check out their website.   
When I lived in Sarasota before I spent a considerable chunk of time at Big E's so it only makes since to fall back into that.    When I got there I saw my buddy Braden who was headed to a poker game at the dog track.   We used to play poker together at friends houses so he invited me.   When I told him I didn't have enough money he offered to pay some of my buy in in order to keep a percentage of my profits.   I thought about it for a while and decided that it was worth $40 to try my hand at professional poker.   After I made $200 I cashed out and gave him 30%.   Then I bought back in and made some more money after paying Braden my profit was $222.   Beginners luck.   I left that evening when Mike Smith, my old room mate, called me to have dinner.   Mike and I caught up over a spectacular meal and a walk.   The next morning I rode to Whole Foods to visit my old work friends and say, no, I am not coming back!   
Lunch with David Zeits starts a new paragraph.   He is writing a screen play.   A true account of multiple personality disorders and satanism...   We talked about life the universe and everything.   He told me about his dreams and about his experiences with dream journaling.    How the practice came, changed his life, and why he quit.  I told him how excited I was about writing and how it has been changing the way I think and act in the world.   He had been reading my blog so we had an opportunity to talk about my trip in a way that I had not been able to with my other friends, and he reminded me of experiences that I had forgoten about.   Back and forth give and take, thats what friends are for.   After dinner we went to the beach to watch the sunset and met with one of his girlfriends.   I had thought all my flirtability had left me until I met her.   I could think of the exchange as waisted effort but I prefer to think of it as play/practice.   Imagine little kittens rolling around on the floor.   I worked up a metaphorical sweat but wasn't going for the neck.
   Monday morning, the begging of the work week...   Mike introduced me to Eric, Eric to Tristan, Tristan to Bob, Bob to Roth, Roth introduced me to Gretchen, and Gretchen to Janell.   And on the 5th day god said let there be an exchange.   I go to Janell's house to offer TYT never seeing her or being personally introduced.   God help me.   She could be a psychotic satanist with many faces...   I lucked out.   An attractive woman with long dirty blond hair comes to the door and smiles.   She say's Janell with be out in a minute.   Damn, still room for bad luck.   When Janell comes out I fainted.   Just kidding.   When she asked about wearing clothing I was feeling sore that TYT is always done with cloths on.   Anyway, at the end of the day when it was all said and done I had maintained my composure and professional demeanor and Janell was very impressed by TYT.   I followed by giving Grech a TYT and scheduling 3 more sessions.  A little forward jump here, Janell also gave me a bike and a house to use until I leave.    Damn I'm good.
Besides that I have been in normal sarasota mode.  The normal routine consists of hanging out at Big E's listening to conspiracy theory Ted while playing GO with Bob.   Walking around Whole Foods BS'n with my friends.   Going to the A.R.T. Bike shop and distracting Furry from productivity.   Sunsets at Indian Beach with Michael S and Friends.    Today I will go for a walk in the woods with Mike Huff.   All and all it's a nice life here in Sarasota.   It has almost enough emotional gravity to draw me back in.   Luckily for my winged feet gravity works between the mass of two objects and I am a cold heartless bastard that sold my soul for a donut.   Just ask Roth and Little Crystal they know all about it.

No comments: