Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sarasota and Tampa

I was right! The girls were lesbians... We were out at dinner Janell, Laura and I. Jenny was the waitress and Janell kept nagging her. When I said "you two act like your married!" they said they thought I knew. I had a damn good Idea by this time but I wanted it in words before I offended someone. Although I think it would have been hard to offend them even if I was wrong. Janell is going to write a screenplay about the life story of the group... You will have to wait till it comes out. I think I spent more time with the girls then anyone besides Roth. Not much to say when it comes to Roth though.
I'll just use him to connect to a party we were both at. It was the reopening of the Sarasota Olive Oil Co. A strange venue to be sure, but a good crowd. The building was devided into two, one side for a cafe/bar, the other side is for olive oil. The party consisted of a more alternative group then your average Sarasota gathering. I was not really feeling it though. I felt board, I felt like the people there where all kind of board. They were all great people mind you and I knew a large part of them already, but I kept thinking about my friends from the CAPT and partys in Thailand... I met a nice girl who was a little to drunk and found out to no suprise that she was good friends with Bob and Roth. Soon we were joined by Brian and with a few comers and goers we had our little side party. Afterwards I walked around downtown with them and when Cassidy jumped on me I threw her on my shoulders like I would with a 6 y/o. I was quite impressed with myself. I think it was actually the highlight of the night.
Aaron convinced me, against my better judgment, to go to a wall. "Walls" are parties at New College hosted every friday and saturday by students. Usually they are pretty lame. At any given wall you will see a few cool kids dancing, a bunch of drunks dancing, and lot's of people sitting around talking. New College is a pretty clicky place. When I was part of the in group I began to understand how it would feel like to be a nigger who was friends with a bunch of racists. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Anyway, New College kids are mostly the geeks dorks and dweebs high school so most of them are slightly lacking in 'normal' social habits. That said some of my best friends are New College alum and I would probably like almost all of the current students if I met them out in the real world. Reeling it back in now. I was just about to leave when Sam came by and told me about his thesis on the I Ching. After discussing the topic from the standpoint of scientific skeptics for a while Sam said something that betrayed faith. "I love how we can talk about this from the viewpoint of believers or non-believers" I laughed. Then we went to his room to do a casting. It was insightful and perfectly in line with my goals. I would copy down the interpretation here but I lost it at Chris's house. Walking home about 2pm I pass by someone russeling through a car. "Chris, Rosa, Coleman?" I say. Rosa steps into the light to give me a hug and ushers me inside to see Chris. I Hadn't hung out with Chris in years but we were always around. Usually he was DJ'n and I was dancing. After Chris told Rosa some stories of the good ol' days he pulled out his new DJ toys and showed me how they worked and played some of his new music for me. Four hours passed before I realized it and the sun had come up. It was time to go to sleep.
I discovered the joys of cosmetology schools when I was a wee lad just barely kicked out of high school. Back in the day, after getting board in my night school class I had a wild hair up my ass so I walked into the cosmetology department and said "can I get a frow?" The next tuesday at 4pm I was getting my long hair washed by a hot little hair dresser. They say after you take crack the first time you will be looking for that high for the rest of your life... Well, to this day I still go to cosmetology schools to get my hair cut. I woke up last wednesday with a lift in my step! I was off to get my hair done! Only problem is they moved. I rode all the way across town for nothing? I was not having it. There was a restaurant in the same complex I had never seen before. I was not hungry but with a name like Veggie Magic I had to check it out. I knew the woman who runs the place so she gave me a free Raw Vegan Chocolate Shake. It was good. She also wanted to do some TYT so we made an appointment for that night.
Woke up the next morning after explaining to someone in my dream that I had allot to do before leaving town at 8am. Since I have no shoes I had to return the ones I was using to Roth, and also a shirt and a mat I was using for TYT. Then I had to return my key and bike to Janell. Luck had it that I got to see Vincent on his way to work. I wanted to hang out with so many people in so short a time and never made it to many of them. At least we got to say Hi and hug. Then I was 30 min late to meet Mike because I for got how slow walking is... Luckily he was preoccupied.
I have been busy here in Tampa. I'm not going to go into it because I am sleepy. Let's just say: Jenny, John, 4 sessions of TYT, packing and writing this blog.

Life is good. Good night.

No comments: