Thursday, January 3, 2008

One Day Left!

The past week has been wonderful!

All week I spent as much time as possible with the people that mattered most to me. I feel very blessed to have so many great friends.

New years eve stands out, not only as one of the best nights of the week but as one of the greatest nights of the year, and the best new years ever. On new years eve I connected with two relatively new friends. David Zeits and I had met months before and although we often networked off each other we never spent much time together. I joked that between the two of us we knew everybody in Sarasota and before I left he needed to meet the other half. First, we went to the potluck the A.R.T. (Alliance for Responsible Transportation) and Jessica's Stand kids throw together on Mondays 5-7 for the homeless at Gillespie Park. We saw to many friends to name, among them Ben Sanchez who I had not seen for years. Then off to the Sufis. Gene is one of the best Cookes I know (badum chi) so I had to eat just a little more. David and Roth had made plans to meet and bike downtown. All was going according to the plan... (Muu Ah Haha) Although downtown was a little disappointing I did bump into a few friends. Just as the the countdown starts I see a beautiful woman looking at me, it's Michelle, just in time for a new years kiss. Rosa's party was aw sum, more great people. David and I were having a blast at his house and expecting some girls to show up. A knock on the door... It's Roth! I shouted with joy! Roth and I were outside when I told him that yoga was union and showed him a practice, he took to it immediately. After Roth had gone off to practice alone and discover some of the difficulties of an opening awareness he and I met back up to talk more. I was very happy to tell him all I knew and his fresh perspective pointed to many lessons I needed to learn. After Roth went home I talked with David and he taught me some of his practices and I thanked him humbly. It is amazing the double rolls we play, always student and teacher, master and servant.

I slept new years day.

I leave for Thailand tomorrow morning!

A perfect end to a perfect year.

No comments: