Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chiang Mai and ITM

Chiang Mai has terrible pollution. It started out in my throat, moved to my head, then with the fever. I plan on being better by monday.

Besides that everything is great! The school is fun, the teachers are totally chill and the students are all very cool. The style of teaching is fairly rigid, following a routine that starts with the feet and ends with the head. After learning all of the positions you choose witch to use on each client. We wash our feet and hands alot. The teachers are hilarious, allways joking and teasing. I have such great feelings towards them but there english is preaty restricted to massage language so I don't really know them well. We have 28 students in my level, about half are staying for the whole course, the others are 2 weeks. So far I have managed to meet about 2/3's of the group and remember those names, this took effort and makes me proud.


On account of being sick I have not explored Chaing Mai itself as much as I would have liked. My second day here I did manage to get lost in the old city. After riding around for 3 hrs or so I had my bag stolen by a guy on a motor bike.

Well on to happier topics! There is an active Go club here in Chiang Mai! Well sort of active. I can't really figure out the hours but there is a shop in the mall. The manager is a hip looking fellow by the name of Vi (1 dan) and he speaks about as much english as I speak Thai.


2 comments:

Riley said...

Know what they say about drinking the water... That applies to you too bud.

bro said...

Great to follow your travels. Stay well. brother jack