Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dragons Musicians and Hipos Oh My!

Thialand is a strange and magical place where mall magicly turns into a vendors market at sundown, the street turns into a venors market on saturday and sunday. You will always see vendors anyway because people love stuff! Stuff and food!


This is right outside the mall. I walk in and everything is normal and I walk out to this crazyness. That was after going to the mall several times in the day time to play Go. A little confused, and of course I can't just go up to a vendor and ask if this happens every day. As far as I can tell, yes, every day.


The kids garden in the middle of the mall, there is also what looks like a daycare on the 3rd floor.


The guy who sold me my cell phone. I bought it from him because he called me over and tryed to talk in english and taught me some Thai. His name is "Name" so we got some laughs from me being compleatly confused for the first half of the converstion.


I guess they like kids.


Skypoint 2 anyone? I enjoy watching the buildings go up. They don't use cement trucks or crains or any other senible construction mechs.


Thai girls... trouble.


Thai girls... cute.



Just outside downtown.


This is my faviorate place to go for smoothies! I get a watermellon, pineapple, passionfruit drink for $.60 almost everyday and the guy teaches me a little thai.


Class! Thats the head teacher up there. Nothing to exciting.


The heads teacher's wife (Left) and one of the students. The bunny ears are being applied by another teacher.


Boy is one of my faviorate teachers, he teaches me thai and we joke around.



Friday mornings we go to the park to do chi gung.


We wash are feet at least twice a day.


The sunday market! These are made of hair! Absolutely incredible for $3. I will be bringing back gifts :)



Anything on this table is $6 or less! I felt guilty this day when I saw whitey bargening for a necklace that would go for $60 in the states. The look on the womans face was 'I NEED to sell stuff'. He got it for $3.


There are alot of musicians set up in the middle of the street for the sunday market.


There are alot of oganizitions set up to raise money. Looking at these old folks I had to give them a few baht. I think I gave more money to the blind etc then I spent on food that day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! So glad to see your environs. A little bit of Thai all the time must really help. You joy is peeking through! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Good Post Daniel,

You might go back and check some spelling but whatever. I guess what I mean to say is that I am so envious of all the fun you are having. Good Job.

_m