Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Se la vi.

Today was a awesome!
It's Jaz's birthday so as a present, God sent us two awesome friends to laugh and play with!
Mike and Jeremy drove from Oklahoma City to Boulder to deliver a car to Mike's sister. We met as we were hitching up to Boulder Falls. When we arrived they hopped out of the car and with exuberance declared that they would love to see the falls. After a short hike we found ourselves driving up to Eldora with them for some hot chocolate. "My treat" Mike said. I did not want to except to much but he insisted. While we were in Ned we had to stop by the gem and crystal shop! It is one of the most exquisite shops I have ever been to. A few of the pieces reminded me of an incredible wood shop I had been to in Laos. Carvings out of stone that were so perfect they must have been present in the stone before it was cut. We played and joked for hours up in Ned before coming back down for lunch. We picked up Mike's sister Michelle who is a freshman at CU and headed off to Aztec Sol. Oh my god. Great food, and we took home enough for 3 more meals. Next, we stopped by my favorite tea shop. Ku Cha. We drank tea with timelessness and humor. Have you ever had milk oolong? It is now my faviorate tea. Incredible! We tasted a large handful of other fantastic teas before calling it a night.
Unfortunately, Jaz is a little sick so although she could appreciate the day she could not be as active as she might have liked and as the day wore on she wore out.
Se la vi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro,

This for you and jazz. I just had 10 mins to surf random blogs and i'd like to suggest something that has worked for thousands like you. Please consider the advice before rejecting it.

The meditation you are doing (as you can see) is making you run in circles. I suggest you try a practice called 'Sahaja Yoga' its definitely there in your city or somewhere close by. I assure you, you will find peace..and lots more.

Only thing is, if you do try sahaja yoga, then you will need to drop all the other practices - trust me, the benefits will far outweigh what you give up.

Also, there is no point asking someone who is not practicing 'sahaja yoga' on whether you should try it. If you ask your current teacher then he/she will obviously deter you - often citing the best excuse - dont change your teacher/practice :-)

Well, thats my advice...its simple and it will work.

You can find a centre near you at www.sahajayoga.org

natalie said...

All this talk of God! Are you talking about the God of Western civilization, or perhaps a Eastern-Western hybrid God?

danielclough said...

In english we have one word for god. In sanskrit there are thousands. I use god colloquially, in this case to refer to the complex mesh of karmic events.

And in response to Anonymous. I don't think that any teacher I could respect would deter me from following what I thought was the right path. Thanks for the advice.

natalie said...

That is more in line with what I expected!